My goal is to raise $9,490 for breast cancer research - a dollar for every day my mother, Lorraine Raimondo, battled breast cancer. I'm driving across the country raising funds for every mile I drive.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Evelyn Lauder, Founder of Breast Cancer Research Foundation, died on Saturday.

As many of you know, this blog and the cross country road trip that accompanied it, raised funds for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Before beginning my trip, I did a fair amount of research to determine which organization would be the recipient of all your generous donations. Breast Cancer Research Foundation was at the top of my list based on their mission, the use of their funds and their excellent ratings from many charity watch groups. In addition, the staff at BCRF is filled with helpful, thoughtful and supportive people.

It was with great sadness that I report the passing of the founder of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Evelyn Lauder. She is profiled in today's New York Times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home