My goal is to raise $9,490 for breast cancer research - a dollar for every day my mother, Lorraine Raimondo, battled breast cancer. I'm driving across the country raising funds for every mile I drive.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

 
On May 19th I left San Diego on a cross country journey. I reached my final destination: New York City, 57 days later. My goal: raise $9,490 for breast cancer research. $9,490 represents a dollar for every day my mother, Lorraine Raimondo, battled breast cancer. 100% of all donations were donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Along the way I met many interesting people and saw many beautiful and just plain weird things. I kept a travelblog of all my adventures, which you'll find below. Some of my favorites included the Hole 'n the Rock home, the Dog Bark Park Inn, the drive through the redwood forest "Avenue of the Giants" in northern California, dancing with the Marlboro Man, Glacier National Park... oh I loved it all!
Although my road trip has ended, unfortunately breast cancer has not. So people are still making donations and so can you. Just click on the "donate online" button on the right to make a donation. Remember to select "Road to a Cure" in the drop down bar.

Scroll down and also check out the archive index on the right for photos and stories from my road trip. I hope it inspires you to hit the road yourself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home